hey y'all, server idea?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum.KlanKind.com Forum Index :: Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KK-AIT-Ironbird

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK-maddog wrote:
nope thats y we love 2.3, lol

o ya... tell me umm y are we concidering downgrading to the inferer 1.31???

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cuz we got 2 servers running 2.3 and they not being played on and and interest in classic anni is rising so its a big plot to increase population in servers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will have zappy's.

pitchfork took something that used to be a skill that was hard learned, and turned it into something any noob could do, while at the same time turning the mod from a game of high powered offense to a game of stalemate. it was terrible. but i digress...

maddog i think sum'd it up good. u guys have got 3 servers going, that arent played in to much, and 1.3 is becoming very popular again. i'll try to stop plugging this like a commerical. Razz

also i'd just like to say that while "2.3" is a larger number than "1.3" that doesn't make it superior. but at the very least, we can agree that each version has its own valid purpose. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

|WAR| Antimatter wrote:
pitchfork took something that used to be a skill that was hard learned, and turned it into something any noob could do, while at the same time turning the mod from a game of high powered offense to a game of stalemate.

haha Laughing

havent played tribes in over a year, but this one still gets me like it was just yesterday! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont remember it changing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wasn't annihilation anymore cd.
but since this could totally blow up into one of those classic 50 page idiot threads, i'll TRY to hold my tongue.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ppl bitched about the pitchfork LONG before u came along. the way i see it, u can either adapt, play >2.3...or bitch.

and bitching just seems kinda stupid when u could be using the time to either learn better assault skills or play a different mod.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, must be one of those before my time things

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think u were around cause i remember it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

|WAR| Antimatter wrote:
it will have zappy's.

pitchfork took something that used to be a skill that was hard learned, and turned it into something any noob could do, while at the same time turning the mod from a game of high powered offense to a game of stalemate. it was terrible. but i digress...

maddog i think sum'd it up good. u guys have got 3 servers going, that arent played in to much, and 1.3 is becoming very popular again. i'll try to stop plugging this like a commerical. Razz

also i'd just like to say that while "2.3" is a larger number than "1.3" that doesn't make it superior. but at the very least, we can agree that each version has its own valid purpose. Wink

1.31 is like win xp with out service packs its sucks
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't give up my beloved pitchfork! not even for <!>'s nifty grappling hook, which adds a more extreme element to the game. Think more tank capping, faster than ever before.

In 1.31 Tank was utterly useless, you couldn't go anywhere, and you were easily spotted...

With a little pitchfork boost, and a grappling hook, that baby could move!

TheFonz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitchfork does take a lot of thinking out of defense, but not near as much thinking as the turret killer pbeam takes out of offense in 2.3, IMO. That's freaking all that anyone ever uses, and I'm just as guilty of it as anybody else. I've seen one single good consistent troll player in the last.. oh.. year or so of my playing. One. Really depressing. I say keep the fork and lose turret killer mode. I've still never come up against a defense I can't break, not to brag. And no defense I've ever made has been inpenetrable. And, actually, I guess I kinda like the stalemate feeling a bit. Makes you have to think real hard if you're going to get past the enemy defense, and encourages team cooperation.
KK-Conan_OTNight
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Particle beam turret killer is a pain. Especially when you've got more than one person on the other team who happens to be a steady shot, or a camper. It's death near every time, and gets old fast!

For the record, my overall titan skillz suck. I'm much more deadly in lighter, faster armors.

|WAR| Antimatter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK-CreepingDeath wrote:
oh ppl bitched about the pitchfork LONG before u came along. the way i see it, u can either adapt, play >2.3...or bitch.

and bitching just seems kinda stupid when u could be using the time to either learn better assault skills or play a different mod.

in an actual match i cannot remember the last time my opponent had power.
so idc about the object that isn't used against me.

however it ruined public matches...and OBVIOUSLY it was bitched about the day 2.3 came out. it wrecked the gameplay that had been enjoyed for years.

this is more of a "if you don't like ACTUAL annihilation, go play the fake version called 2.3." not the vice versa which you state.

anywho. i don't cry about it in 2.x. the once a month i play 2.3 i either cap out in a few minutes or wrack up a hundred+ points with all the amazing toys like the overpowered nuke, tkiller, etc.

it's pointless saying to you that 2.x ruined annihilation. you've been around to many years, and your opinion is at where it will stay. that's cool. to ME 2.3 didn't ruin annihilation, but rather 2.3 is NOT annihilation. it should have a different name on the mod.

which brings me back to, "we can at least agree each version stresses its own important components of gameplay." Wink
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, We'll just refer to it as Anni 2. For short anyways...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum.KlanKind.com Forum Index :: Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum