KK vs ATA scrim results

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KK-maddog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: KK vs ATA scrim results Reply with quote

The map was Bocage, it was KlanKind's first scrim. Not my first choice for someone to verse but we where challenged. I thought maybe I should decline because we are not ready but decided against it, the best way to learn is to be played into the action. So that is what we did.

ATA vs KK was held on Wednesday the 12th of December 2007. We played four rounds each comprising of 30 minute games. It started as a 8 man team each side but I think ended up being a 10 vs 10.

So here is how it goes.

Round 1

This was a close match with KK being allied and ATA as axis. KK had a plan and we stuck to it well, taking the mill and our closest point. We where doing well for awhile and then ATA's air support kicked in and their infantry swarmed us. They capped the mill and held the majority of the bases. Our winning steak was shot down at this moment. But we held on making another push for the mill and succeeded. ATA's tickets where quite a bit higher than ours, I believe it was something like 64 - 20 but we never gave up. The end result was 8 - 0 with ATA winning.

Round 2

This round we had a rocky start. Their B17 took out a lot of us while we where mobilising. They took the mill quickly and their tanks and air support where overwhelming. Something that we just couldn't fight back. They really took control of the air and ground so that we just couldn't cross the first bridge. They took over so well that we could only hold bases for very little time. Their air support took out our tanks as easy as infantry, and we had no chance. Results where a lot worse than last game 53 to 0.

Round 3

Our spirits where fading fast. But we where hoping that we could take advantage of the allied team again. Alas they where overwhelming, their teamwork and tactics where flawless with each assault on their flag met with heavy resistance. They just kept coming in greater numbers, usually in groups of three. With their superior air support we just couldn't fight against those numbers and we where suppressed. Our team was getting anxious and frustrated, with everyone seemingly forgetting teamwork and doing their own thing. This was our worst round, having lost by 81 - 0.

Round 4

KlanKind was being annihilated, with a total of 3 losses. But somehow I managed to keep us together and we regrouped. This time we did better than the last time we where axis. People where starting to be silly with some chat spamming going on and people just doing whatever. But we did our best against a foe that was superior in ever aspect of the game. Whether it was air, tank or infantry. Their air would take out our tanks and planes, their tanks would take out our infantry which would leave our flags easily accessible. The only place we seemed to match them was an infantry fight. Guns blazing medic style pwnage. But that never lasted long with their tanks or planes backing them up almost immediately. The final result being 36 - 0 ATA's way.

Final Results
In total, and don't slay me if I wrote the wrong numbers down Razz, the results where ATA winning by 179 tickets.

It was very well played by the ATA team and hopefully we can do this again sometime once KlanKind has had a bit (a lot) of practice.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The important part is that you've all learned something from the experience.

KK-TheMan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the record... i royally sucked with that rocket.... it seems to have very little splash damage, and even with a dead on rocket, its not a one hit kill....

not exactly accurate game, but i soppose practice helps =(.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to help you out the man to get a 1 shot kill or a high damage shot you have to shoot the tank from behind

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah im ok on the tanks, takes me a couple of lives though..

i mean person vs person... they always get me first.... u'd think a friggin rocket, would do some serious damage to someone...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why hitting tank in the back reduces casualty for you Wink and yeah 1 on 1 can become difficult but if you become great with it people will avoid one on ones with you

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still think tribes is better I just owned you too much so you had to switch games.
KK-maddog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more like u dropped off the planet like everyone else in tribes so there was no new people to recruit/play with. Just the same old people making trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum.KlanKind.com Forum Index :: News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum